(Desea que esta página en español? Haga
The following survey is part of the Ossining School District's
effort to assess the progress of instructional technology initiatives in
all Ossining schools. There are many different points of view and opinions
related to technology resource allocation, use and impact, and this survey
is one way of gathering information on those varied opinions and experiences.
Students, teachers, and administrators will also be surveyed, and focus groups
have been conducted recently as a means of gathering more in-depth information
on how technology impacts student learning and teacher work.
Data from this survey will be analyzed in aggregate to create an overall
picture of technology use in Ossining schools for the purposes of district
technology planning. Individual responses will not be
tracked and therefore all of your responses will be anonymous.
Thanks in advance for your time and candid responses,
Which school do your students attend:
Please Select a School
Anne M. Dorner Middle School
Ossining High School
Please note that you should base your responses to this survey on just
one school. If you wish to report responses for additional student(s) attending different schools, please complete additional
surveys. You may complete as many surveys as you like.
In each of the questions below that asks for an open-ended response, please
feel free to type in as much text as you like. The box will automatically
expand as you type.
Please feel free to provide us with other information or elaborate on your resposes by filling in the Additional Comments field at the end of this survey.
1.How satisfied are you with your student's access to the technology he/she needs at school?
2. Please describe any ways that your school could improve your student’s access to technology during the school day.
3. How much impact do you feel your student’s use of technology at school has on his/her learning?
My student doesn't use technology at school
4. Please describe how you feel that technology could better support your student’s learning.
5. What - if any - barriers exist to your student's current use of technology
to support his/her learning at school?
6. Do you believe that your student’s teacher has the skills necessary to utilize technology as an effective tool for teaching?
I don't know
7. Please list the technologies that you feel are important for your student to be able to use as part of his/her education, and why?
8. How confident are you that Ossining Public Schools is preparing your student technologically for life after graduation?
9. Does your student’s teacher communicate with you via email?
10. Does your student’s teacher post information about his/her class online – e.g., homework assignments, resources, samples of student work, etc.?
11. How satisfied are you with teacher use of technology to communicate info on student progress (grades)?
12. How satisfied are you with how your student's teacher uses technology to communicate information on homework and other assignments?
13. How satisfied are you with your student’s teacher’s use of technology to publish class announcements and information bulletins?
14. How might communication with your student’s teacher or school improve via the use of technology?
Use this section to add clarification
to any question, or to add any thoughts you might have on any aspect
(positive or negative) of how instructional technology impacts your
involvement in your school and/or your students' learning. Once
again, please be assured that your comments are confidential.
When you are finished with this survey, click on this button to
the survey for processing. Please click only once.
When your survey is accepted by the system, you will be taken to a confirmation
page. This may take a moment, so please be patient.
If you want to delete all of your answers and start again, click here
Survey Form Updated 2/19/10